- 900 gr chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 600 gr potatoes
- 200 gr carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 lemongrass; cut into 5 pieces and crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 10 gr sugar
- 750 ml chicken stock, 750 ml water
- 10 gr salt, 10 gr onion powder, 30 gr curry powder
- Marinate chicken in salt, onion powder and curry powder in 2-4 hours
- Chop potatoes, carrots in to bite size pieces then brown them in the pan
- Fry the marinated chicken until golden brown and drain the oil
- Sauté the garlic, and onions in the pot until brown then add the chicken in with the lemongrass, basil leaves and a pinch of sugar.
- Add water to completely cover all the ingredients. Put to high heat until boiled then reduce to medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and carrots, pour in the remain water and season to taste
- Turn the gas to the highest till boiled and let it bubble until the chicken cooked through, carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Add the coconut milk, wait till boil then turn of the gas.