- 600 gr shin beef
- 120 gr soy sauce
- 15 gr salt
- 02 cinnamon sticks, 02 star anises, 02 cloves, 05 gr mandarin peels, 02 nutmegs (or you can replace by 10 gr five – spice powder)
- 05 gr black pepper
- 75 gr white wine
- 30 gr miso soybean paste
- 50 gr rock sugar
- Green onion, ginger, chili pepper
- Step 1: First off, you need to divide them into small chunks. Remove those white tissues attached to the meat. Cut along the muscles, and then divide them into 6 – 7cm long pieces. Season them first.
Cover the beef with a thin layer of salt. Cover the beef by plastic wrap and put it in a fridge overnight.
- Step 2: Put cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, nutmegs, mandarin peels, chili pepper, and black pepper and put all of these in a tea bag or a piece of gauze. Pour in 2L of water, and then the spice pack.
- Step 3: Add in miso soybean paste, white wine, soy sauce and rock sugar. Cover with lid and bring it to a boil.
- Step 4: On the other stove, blanch seasoned beef shin in cold water and bring it to a boil.
- Step 5: Now the broth is boiling. Transfer blanched beef into the broth. Get rid of those foams if any. Add in green onion and ginger.
Add some salt. Give it a taste and see if it has enough salt. Cover with lid, and bring it to a second boil, and then turn down the heat to low, braise for about 40 mins.
- Step 6: After 40 mins, test by piercing the beef with a fork. If you can’t pierce through the meat easily, but with a little force, it’s ready.
Turn off the heat, and marinade beef in the broth until it cools down. Put it in a fridge about 30 mins.
- Step 7: Now do some prep work with sides and sauce. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, shin beef broth and sesame oil together, and add in sugar and pepper. Press in the garlic. Mix well to make the sauce. If you like it spicy, add some more chillies.
Now peel a cucumber, and then cut it into slices. And then into shredded pieces. Cut some chili rings. Cut coriander into fine pieces.
Now you just take out pickled shin beef, cut into thin slices and try to make even cuts. Put them together over shredded cucumbers. Sprinkle some coriander flakes and chili rings. Pour the sauce over. Now it’s done.
Source: Amanda Tastes