- 200 gr ground beef
- 15 gr cayenne pepper
- 15 gr onion powder
- 15 gr garlic powder
- 10 gr pepper
- 15 gr salt
- 40 gr ketchup
- 6 grated potatoes
- 30 gr flour
- 100 gr cheddar cheese, cubed
- Oil, for frying
- Step 1: Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and break up into smaller bits using a spoon or spatula. Add the cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt, then mix until evenly incorporated.
- Step 2: Add ketchup. Mix thoroughly allowing beef to cook all the way through. Remove the pan from heat, and drain excess fat.
- Step 3: Add the grated potatoes to a bowl, and add in the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine.
- Step 4: Using the palm of your hand, spread 1 tablespoon of the potatoes into a thin pancake.
- Step 5: Add 1 teaspoon of the beef, then press a cheese cube into the middle. Fold potato over beef and cheese, then create a fist around the tot while using your opposite hand to flatten both sides, creating the cylindrical tot form.
- Step 6: Heat vegetable oil over high heat until temperature reaches 360˚F (182˚C). Fry the tots in batches for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Transfer fried tots to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve immediately. Enjoy!