- 30 gr butter
- 400 gr shrimp
- 01 whole medium onion
- 04 cloves garlic
- 15 gr curry powder
- 01 can coconut milk (about 380ml/can)
- 30 gr honey
- 02 gr salt
- 01 whole lime
- 12 whole basil leaves
- 500 gr rice
- Step 1: Cook rice
- Step 2: Heat the butter in a large skillet (I used non-stick) over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning them over halfway through, until fully cooked. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Step 3: Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir to cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and continue cooking the onions, stirring, for another couple of minutes.
- Step 4: Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine.
- Step 5: Add honey, salt, and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently.
- Step 6: Add shrimp into the sauce, tossing to coat, and allow it to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Taste the sauce and add more salt, lime juice, or honey depending on your taste. Stir in the basil.
- Step 7: Serve shrimp and sauce over a bed of cooked basmati rice, garnishing with more basil.
Source: The Pioneer Woman